Compare Allevia to similar products
Ambulatory EMR, Patient portal, ADT, Website / public online sources
EMR Integration & Relevant Hardware:
Use case dependent
Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, NextGen, athena, eClinicalWorks, Other
Desktop, Mobile / Tablet (web optimized), Mobile / Tablet (native app), Other
Imagine if patients could write notes for their doctors. That's exactly what we do.
Allevia is an AI-powered patient intake solution that automates clinical documentation for healthcare providers.
Here's how it works:
1. Mobile Notification: As soon as an appointment is made at the office, the patient will receive a text message, email, or portal notification asking them to fill out a Pre-appointment Questionnaire. Patients can do this on any device, anywhere, any time.
2. AI-Powered Intake: Allevia uses intelligent algorithms to cross reference evidence-based literature with the patient's chief complaint, medical history, and visitation reason to identify the most pertinent clinical questions unique to their presentation.
3. Draft EHR Note: Allevia converts the patient's responses into a draft note directly in your EHR, leaving you with the best door note possible about your patient - _all before ever stepping foot in an exam room._
Less EHR TIME
Providers see a 30% reduction in EHR use and 63% fewer clicks.
Allevia™ streamlines clinical workflow by 50%, freeing up clinical and ancillary staff.
More Patient Care
Allevia™ saves 720 clinic-minutes/month, leading to more time for patients.
Allevia™ generates over $100,000 additional annual revenue per provider .
Allevia addresses the COVID-19 pandemic via three key mechanisms:
1. Telehealth Efficiency – Allevia increase efficiency of clinical assets by gathering highly-relevant patient details in advance of televisits. This provision reduces interview times and documentation per telehealth encounter, allowing providers to care for more patients per unit of time.
2. Mortality Risk Stratification – Allevia is equipped with a proprietary mortality risk assessment built using global epidemiological COVID-19 data. By using an evidence-based approach to identify high-risk individuals, healthcare resources can be leveraged to preemptively monitor and treat patients at risk for rapid decompensation.
3. Clinical Data Sets – Significant clinical data sets are being generated and collected at this time. These data sets can be integrated with public and private partners to assist clinical research and development of new therapeutics, pharmaceuticals, and/or formation of public policy.
vs. EHR Templates - Templates, although useful on a provider-specific basis, have faced more scrutiny for their role in medical errors and liability. [Studies](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797550/) suggest EHR templates are associated with lower quality care, inaccurate documentation, and increased risk of fraud.
vs. Scribes - Although helpful in reducing documentation burdens and increasing productivity in some specialties, medical scribes bring significant fixed costs to an organization. Allevia™ is capable of reducing fixed costs by 90% by decreasing the need for auxiliary transcription personnel while maintaining or exceeding productivity gains compared to scribing services.
vs. Dictation/Transcription - Studies show speech recognition technology used for medical dictation and transcriptionists can have [error rates up to 96% and 58%](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6203313/), respectively, with most involving clinical information and requiring more time for manual review. Transcription services are associated with significant license fees per provider or difficult-to-account price per line fees, contributing to additional fixed costs and budgeting issues.
vs Portals - Current patient portals face [several limitations](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4733220/) on the clinical data that can be collected from patients. Allevia™ is not intended to replace portals; instead, think of Allevia™ as a plug-in that enhances a portal's capability to gather clinical precise clinical data by guiding the patient through highly-pertinent clinical questions.
* Preserves Clinical Workflow - Allevia is a 100% patient-facing solution that preserves provider workflow in the best way possible - .
* The Best Door Note Possible - Allevia provides a draft EHR note _before_ they even see their patient, giving them a "road map" in advance that can be used to develop a higher quality care plan. Additionally, research suggests equipping providers with the patient's unique history beforehand contributes to [higher patient satisfaction](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4535210/).
* Higher Quality Encounters - Other scribing technologies _still_ require the provider to spend their already-limited amount of time with patients on clinical intake and history taking, which is [associated with _lower patient satisfaction_](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8454118). By engaging in clinician-level intake outside of the exam room, Allevia maximizes the quality of the patient-provider encounter by reducing clinical interrogation time, allowing providers to focus consultation time on the tasks that truly drive positive outcomes: , , and the .
* Device-independent - [Recent reports](http://time.com/5568815/amazon-workers-listen-to-alexa/) suggest private company staff may be listening in on smart speaker conversations and other hardware. Additionally, hardware requirements contribute to significant fixed costs and may pose additional exposure to security risks. Allevia™ is a cloud-based, device-independent web application that provides patients maximal privacy and security within our encrypted, HIPAA-compliant servers accessible only by a limited number of our administrators -
* Unified Branding - We understand the importance of your organization's brand power in the eyes of your patients. That's why we're happy to white-label our system with your organization logo and color scheme.
* No Behavior Changes - Not all patients use voice-based tools - but virtually all interact with every day. Allevia maximizes compliance and usability with a touch-based system that can be done anywhere, any time, and on any device.
Compare Allevia to similar products
Q&A with Siva Namasivayam of Cohere Health: The role of prior authorization in a holistic approach to care